HEALTHCARE SIMULATION EDUCATOR, PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, Full time, Days
Company: PIH Health
Location: Pico Rivera
Posted on: January 12, 2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that
serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County,
Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated
network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health
Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27
outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician)
group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart,
cancer, women 's health, urgent care and emergency services. PIH
Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more
information, visit or follow us on , , or . - -The Healthcare
Simulation Educator (HSE), supporting The PIH Health Simulation
Lab, is responsible for enhancing professional practice and quality
patient care by providing evidence-based simulation learning to
promote inter-professional competency of clinical and non-clinical
staff across the PIH Health System. The HSE collaborates simulation
learning activities with their multidisciplinary partners by
development, coordination, management, facilitation, implementation
and evaluation of simulation-based education programs. The HSE must
demonstrate expertise in competency assessment and evaluation of
simulation modalities to address practice gaps for identified
target audiences. This includes critical thinking, clinical
decision making, evidence-based practice, and professionalism. The
HSE partners with faculty, educators and staff with preparing for
and conducting simulation-based learning experiences while
promoting the awareness and effectiveness of simulation-based
education at PIH Health System.
- Candidate must have strong skills and demonstrated expertise in
the following areas:
- Work collaboratively with faculty, content experts, staff,
customers, stakeholders, and simulation personnel to research,
develop, coordinate, review, implement, and evaluate
simulation-based learning experiences for respective personnel and
- Participate in event and program planning to provide expertise
in facilitation, debriefing, training gap analysis, curriculum
development, learning objectives identification, performance
checklist development, literature review, and evidence-base best
- Identifies and provides opportunities for skill enhancement and
- Enhance faculty and educator knowledge in simulation-based
modalities through course instruction, one-on-one mentoring, as
appropriate for advanced simulation techniques.
- Assures educational activities are in compliance with standards
by the accrediting bodies.
- Understands adult educational theory and its application to the
development of simulation.
- Supports new ideas and innovation
- Creates a supportive environment for research, scientific
inquiry, quality improvement and evidenced-base practice.
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement by evaluating and
adjusting simulation experiences and programs based on evaluations
- Proficient using MS Office suite including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be able to handle numerous tasks simultaneously and
efficiently, delegate to appropriate parties, coordinate
departments and individuals, and assure classes, conferences, and
programs run as planned.
- Experience with program evaluation, data collection, and
reporting of results.
- Ability to work independently and in a collegial manner.
- Ability to work with diverse multicultural populations and
communities. - - - - - - - - -
Required Experience -Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Healthcare, Education or other
clinical related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of medical, emergency, or critical
care experience (NP, PA, RN RRT, Paramedic).
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in clinical
- Ability to communicate well in English, both orally and in
- Professional organization membership (CHSE) within one year of
hire into the role. -Preferred:
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) through the
Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH)
- Master 's degree in in Nursing, Healthcare, Education or other
clinical related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in clinical
- Instructor/trainer in adult education.
- Previous experience in instructing basic and/or advanced life
- Experience in simulation operations and training. - -Beyond the
benefits that come with working for the area's leading community
healthcare provider - one that also recognizes the need to ensure
patient safety and comfort - you'll enjoy an extremely competitive
compensation and benefits package. - We are an equal opportunity
employer and seek diversity in our workforce. - - EOE M/F/D/V
Keywords: PIH Health, Pico Rivera , HEALTHCARE SIMULATION EDUCATOR, PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, Full time, Days, Healthcare , Pico Rivera, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!