RN, First Assist (RNFA) *$12,000 Hiring Bonus*
Company: Providence St. Joseph's Health
Location: Huntington Park
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Description: APPLY TODAY! Applicants that meet qualifications
will receive a text with additional questions from our Modern Hire
Virtual Interviewing System. Providence is calling a part time/day
shift Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA) to Providence
Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center in Tarzana, CA We are seeking a
Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA) who will be responsible for
assisting the primary surgeon pre, intra, and post operatively with
organized instruction and supervised practice. Acts in absence of
qualified physician. In this position you will:
- Promote patient, physician and employee satisfaction by
personal example, treating all contacts with respect.
- Support and participate in activities that foster customer
- Communicate and follow the organizational chain of command for
notification of patient care/service issues, when appropriate.
- Maintain required applicable licensure, certification and
- Attend and successfully completes general and department
orientation, in-service programs and the annual key competencies
and mandatory update requirements.
- Participate actively in department staff meetings
- Demonstrate mastery of verbal and written communications.
- Develop and implement based on patient assessment,
individualized patient care plans in accordance with standards of
- Provide care that considers physical, psychosocial, spiritual
and cultural needs of patients.
- Complete initial assessment per policy and ongoing
re-assessments as warranted by patient's condition.
- Evaluate patient outcomes on an ongoing basis and prioritizes
patient care, modifying the care plan as needed.
- Document care provided in the patient care record in accordance
with policies and procedures.
- Safely and competently administers pharmacotherapeutics,
adhering to medication policies, procedures, practices and
standards and monitors and documents the resultant outcomes based
upon the patient 's response to treatment. Initiates, regulates and
otherwise manages Intravenous Therapy.
- Utilizing a case management approach, the nurse plans, guides,
directs, coordinates and collaboratively incorporates the overall
aspects of patient care across the continuum.
- Assess and respond appropriately to ensure patient safety based
on the physical environment, equipment and the patient 's
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to provide care
in emergency situations and follows established emergency
procedures and practices.
- Nurse ensures involvement of patient and/or family in decision
making process, as it relates to patient care, end of life and
- Provide individualized teaching to patient/families and
- Demonstrate competence in the clinical knowledge, skills
required, and technology utilized in the department.
- Assist in coordination of student clinical experience.
- Demonstrate willingness & ability to float to areas within
their scope of practice as necessary.
- Demonstrate knowledge of age specific care, including but not
limited to, identifying the need for additional safety measures,
physiological normal values/readings; and assessing skin integrity,
behavior, motor skills and/or activities that place patients at
risk as well as communicates effectively in a clear, concise,
understandable manner. Applicable for the populations Infant,
Pediatric, Adult, and Geriatric.
- Comply with the Medical Center 's policies and procedures
- Crash cart checks.
- Narcotic reconciliation.
- 24 hour chart checks.
- 24 hour Medication administration Record (MAR) checks when
- Perform procedures in the first assistant role under the direct
supervision of the surgeon.
- Assist the surgeon during specific procedures. Performs other
functions during surgery.
- Assist with closure of fascial, subcutaneous and skin. May
perform these actions independently, as directed by the surgeon and
assists the surgeon with all other suturing and closures.
- Assist with the positioning, prepping, and draping of the
patient. May perform these actions independently, if directed by
- Maintain manually controlled retractors in the position set by
the surgeon. Anticipates retraction needs with knowledge of surgeon
's preferences and anatomical structures. Packs sponges, or lap
pads into body cavities to hold tissues or organs out of operative
- Apply electrocautery tip to clamps or vessels in a safe and
knowledgeable manner, as directed by the surgeon, sponges and
utilizes suctioning techniques to remove fluids from the operative
- Utilize surgical instruments to clamp bleeding vessels, as
directed by surgeon. Places ligation clips or other occluding
devices on blood vessels or tissues.
- Maintain knowledge of basic knot tying techniques to include:
two-handed tie, one- handed tie and instrument tie.
- Demonstrates competence in the clinical knowledge, skills
required, and technology of the department employed in the care of
patients in the unit
- Perform closure of layers by correctly approximating the layers
which provided access to the operative site and approximating the
skin edges when utilizing skin staples or suture.
- Perform intraoperative tissue manipulation by: using surgical
instruments and suture material; exposing and retracting tissue;
clamping and severing tissue; grasping and fixating tissue with
screws, staples and other devices; drilling, reaming and modifying
- Assist the surgeon at the completion of the surgical procedure
by: affixing and stabilizing all drains; cleaning the wound and
applying dressings; assisting with the application of casts,
splints, special dressings and abduction devices.
- Remove sutures and/or skin staples/clips during intraoperative
phase at surgeon 's request. Qualifications: Required
qualifications for this position include:
- Successful completion of a course in RN First Assisting.
- Current CA RN license.
- Current National Certification (CNOR).
- Current BLS-HCP.
- EKG recognition and clinical implications course.
- Current LA City Fire Card within 30 days of hire.
- Three (3) years experience in peri-operative nursing practice
as both scrub and circulator. Preferred qualifications for this
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- National Certification (CRNFA) About the hospital you will
serve. Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center is a 245-bed
not-for-profit medical center that serves the San Fernando Valley,
offering high quality specialty services, including: heart and
vascular care, orthopedics, oncology and senior services.
Recognizing the special health care needs of women and children,
our Women 's Pavilion & Resource Center provides women 's health
and maternity care in once central location. The hospital
specializes in pediatrics and has one of the largest neonatal
intensive care units in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Tarzana
has a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated
technology with a personal touch. Providence Health & Services
cares about the people and the lives that we touch each and every
day. We are continually driven by the caring tradition of our
heritage - the foundation of our Mission and core-values - to
embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship.
With a rich past reaching back more than 65 years in Southern
California, and 150 years in total, Providence Health & Services
today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality
health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are
encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an
eye toward the future. We offer comprehensive, best-in-class
benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
https://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits/ Our Mission
As expressions of God 's healing love, witnessed through the
ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially
those who are poor and vulnerable. About Us Providence is a
comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers,
health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services
continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and
vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age,
creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual
orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other
basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Schedule:
Part-time Shift: Day Job Category: Surgical Services (Intraop)
Location: California-Tarzana Req ID: 297416
Keywords: Providence St. Joseph's Health, Pico Rivera , RN, First Assist (RNFA) *$12,000 Hiring Bonus*, Healthcare , Huntington Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!