Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical Care / ICU (Intensive Care Unit)
Company: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
Location: Pico Rivera
Posted on: July 31, 2022
If you are interested please apply online and send your resume
to NOrozco@mlkch.org POSITION SUMMARY The Clinical Staff Nurse is a
skilled and experienced professional Registered Nurse (RN)
responsible for excellence in the clinical practice of nursing and
the management of patient care. Reporting to the Clinical Unit
Supervisor, the Clinical Staff Nurse has 12 hour accountability for
organizing, planning, directing, coordinating, and providing high
quality, individualized patient/family centered care based on the
Watson Model of Care for a defined group of patients, including the
identification and demonstration of abilities to meet special needs
and considerations of Age and Population Specific awareness. This
position requires the full understanding and active participation
in fulfilling the Mission of Martin Luther King, Jr. Community
Hospital. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate
behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall
support Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital's strategic plan
and the goals and direction of the quality and performance
improvement process activities. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- The nurse demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem
solving model; utilizing their knowledge and experience to
anticipate and plan to meet patient and family needs.
- Nursing assessment is focused to target areas most productive
for a given patient population or situation. Recognizes subtle
changes in clinical situation; evaluates and appropriately alters
the plan of care. Is accountable for prioritizing and organizing
patient care and ensuring follow through with planned care.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age and needs of the patients served on the
assigned unit. Consistently applies current literature/research
findings and critical thinking skills to make sound clinical
- Demonstrates the Hospital's Patient Satisfaction effort when
interacting with patients, families, and co-workers.
- The nurse develops and maintains a therapeutic nurse/patient
relationship throughout the health care continuum. Respect for
patient's rights is an integral part of the nurse/patient
relationship as reflected in our values and mission. Conducts
hourly rounding on patients.
- The nurse communicates utilizing the SBAR in all hand-off
- Performs documentation of patient care including: assessment,
interdisciplinary plan of care (IPOC), implementation, evaluation,
and the Watson Model of Care following unit specific and hospital
documentation policies and procedures.
- Anticipates variables affecting patient comfort and alters
physical and psychosocial interventions accordingly, using a
variety of modalities. Assists patient/family to maximize sense of
control and actively participate in his/her recovery.
- Demonstrates commitment to meeting the learning needs of
patients and families. Utilizes appropriate resources to meet those
needs and achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Works with Care Mangers during the patient's stay and takes a
proactive role in coordinating interdisciplinary discharge planning
for a specific patient population.
- Reviews all orders on patients and communicates changes in
patient condition with physician and other team members. Contacts
the physician promptly with significant changes in patient's
condition, collaborates professionally for required orders and
follows-up with revised care.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing interventions and
documents outcomes in the IPOC.
- Utilizes patient classification system according to
- Demonstrates ability to plan, supervise, instruct and evaluate
ancillary nursing personnel, floats, orientees and registry staff.
Ensures that an evaluation is completed each shift for
- Upholds professional appearance and demonstrates such through
adherence to dress code. Wears hospital I.D. badge and promotes the
standard of proper identification for peers and staff.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment that complies with
regulatory standards including Patient Safety Goals.
- Participates in the implementation of the unit specific Quality
and Performance Improvement Plan, completes monitoring forms and
reports findings to the Clinical Unit Supervisor and Nurse
- Other Duties as assigned. POSITION REQUIREMENTS A. Education
- Associates Degree in Nursing/equivalent or higher level of
nursing degree required. BSN preferred. B.
- Minimum of one (1) year of clinical nursing experience in
Critical Care nursing with regard to regulatory guidelines and
standard of practice. RN's new to the specialty will have a minimum
of one year clinical nursing experience. Internal candidates that
have successfully completed the MLKCH Nurse Residency Program,
Transition Program, or Cross Training will be considered.
- Current California Nursing license
- Certification in Critical Care Nursing preferred. C. Special
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Basic computer skills
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers from
the American Heart Association.
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) from the American
- Completion of Critical Care Course preferred
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
Keywords: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital, Pico Rivera , Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical Care / ICU (Intensive Care Unit), Healthcare , Pico Rivera, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!