Associate, SW&MFT Clinic
Location: Pico Rivera
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Under the direct clinical supervision of a Licensed Clinical
Social Worker, the staff behavioral health therapist applies
psychological/counselling principles in the following areas:
assessment, clinical interventions, research, training, case
management, and consultation. The therapist will be involved in
integrating behavioral health services into a primary care setting.
Responsibilities will include diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, and
discharge planning. Provides a variety of interventions such as
individual, group, child and family therapy. Interventions will
focus on short-term problem-solving therapy, short-term cognitive
behavioral therapy, brief psychodynamic therapy, crisis
intervention, coping skills, substance abuse treatment, behavior
modification, case consultations, and other evidence- based
practice techniques. The therapist is a member of a
multidisciplinary team that includes medical providers, nursing
staff, medical support staff, case managers, administrators,
managers, and directors. The therapist will collaborate with the
patient to define the treatment goals and measures of success of
treatment by utilizing evidence-based outcome measures. May attend
various conferences/workshops concerning mental health treatment,
and may be involved in several research studies or
- Evaluates data and develops an individualized care plan of to
provide maximum benefit for all concerned. Oversees the
implementation of the plan(s) and performs reassessments, as
- Coordinates referrals with medical providers and other
- Interviews patient and family members; prepares psychosocial
assessments, addressing all pertinent issues of participants.
- Educates and assists patient/family in understanding and
adjusting to the diagnosis/disability, treatment plan and medical
- Refers patient to appropriate hospital services (specialty
clinics, child life, etc.) and community agencies (schools,
Regional centers, MediCal/CCS, etc.) as appropriate; assisting
patient/family in utilizing such services.
- Provide age-appropriate and culturally sensitive counseling and
individual/family treatment as well as assistance in family life
- Educates and updates interdisciplinary team, including
residents in the continuity clinic, on psychosocial issues.
- Prepares and maintains all pertinent records, statistics and
- Assist in the development of various program curriculum (Injury
Prevention, Reach Out, etc.)Perform all other related duties as
appropriate and/or assigned.
- Attends and participates in Agency and program/team meetings,
individual/group supervision, and related community Agency meetings
- Maintains regular communication with supervisors and responds
to emails/voicemails in a timely manner.
- Registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Masters level degree required from a college or university that
is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the Council of
Social Work Education (CSWE) or by Commission on Accreditation for
Marriage and Family Therapy Education, or a regional or national
institutional accrediting agency that is recognized by the United
States Department of Education required.
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with the children
- Current CPR/First Aid Training certificate
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English and other predominant
language of population served preferred.
Keywords: AltaMed, Pico Rivera , Associate, SW&MFT Clinic, Healthcare , Pico Rivera, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!