Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
Location: Pico Rivera
Posted on: November 25, 2022
If you are interested please apply online and send your resume
to Ldelgadillo@mlkch.org POSITION SUMMARY The Clinical Staff Nurse
is a skilled and experienced professional Registered Nurse (RN)
responsible for excellence in the clinical practice of nursing and
the management of patient care. Reporting to the Clinical Unit
Supervisor of Telemetry, the Clinical Staff Nurse has 12 hour
accountability for organizing, planning, directing, coordinating,
and providing high quality, individualized patient/family centered
care based on the Watson Model of Care for a defined group of
patients, including the identification and demonstration of
abilities to meet special needs and considerations of Age and
Population Specific awareness. This position requires the full
understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of
Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital. It is expected that the
employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values.
The employee shall support Martin Luther King, Jr. Community
Hospital's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the
quality and performance improvement process activities.
- The nurse demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem
solving model; utilizing their knowledge and experience to
anticipate and plan to meet patient and family needs.
- Nursing assessment is focused to target areas most productive
for a given patient population or situation. Recognizes subtle
changes in clinical situation; evaluates and appropriately alters
the plan of care. Is accountable for prioritizing and organizing
patient care and ensuring follow through with planned care.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age and needs of the patients served on the
assigned unit. Consistently applies current literature/research
findings and critical thinking skills to make sound clinical
- Demonstrates the Hospital's Patient Satisfaction effort when
interacting with patients, families, and co-workers.
- The nurse develops and maintains a therapeutic nurse/patient
relationship throughout the health care continuum. Respect for
patient's rights is an integral part of the nurse/patient
relationship as reflected in our values and mission. Conducts
hourly rounding on patients.
- The nurse communicates utilizing the SBAR in all hand-off
- Performs documentation of patient care including: assessment,
interdisciplinary plan of care (IPOC), implementation, evaluation,
and the Watson Model of Care following unit specific and hospital
documentation policies and procedures.
- Anticipates variables affecting patient comfort and alters
physical and psychosocial interventions accordingly, using a
variety of modalities. Assists patient/family to maximize sense of
control and actively participate in his/her recovery.
- Demonstrates commitment to meeting the learning needs of
patients and families. Utilizes appropriate resources to meet those
needs and achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Works with Care Mangers during the patient's stay and takes a
proactive role in coordinating interdisciplinary discharge planning
for a specific patient population.
- Reviews all orders on patients and communicates changes in
patient condition with physician and other team members. Contacts
the physician promptly with significant changes in patient's
condition, collaborates professionally for required orders and
follows-up with revised care.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing interventions and
documents outcomes in the IPOC.
- Utilizes patient classification system according to
- Demonstrates ability to plan, supervise, instruct and evaluate
ancillary nursing personnel, floats, orienteers and registry staff.
Ensures that an evaluation is completed each shift for
- Upholds professional appearance and demonstrates such through
adherence to dress code. Wears hospital I.D. badge and promotes the
standard of proper identification for peers and staff.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment that complies with
regulatory standards including Patient Safety Goals.
- Participates in the implementation of the unit specific Quality
and Performance Improvement Plan, completes monitoring forms and
reports findings to the Clinical Unit Supervisor and Nurse Manager.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS A. Education
- Bachelor in Nursing degree preferred.
- Associate in Nursing, Nursing Diploma, or equivalent.
- Internal Candidates that have successfully completed the MLKCH
Versant Nurse Residency Program will be consideredB.
- Minimum of one year of clinical nursing experience.
- Minimum of 12 months of Med/Surg/Telemetry or Critical Care
nursing experience preferred with regard to regulatory guidelines
and standard of practice and/or at the discretion of the Manager/
- Current California Nursing license
- Basic EKG Competence
- Certification in Progressive Critical Care Nursing
- Certification in Medical / Surgical Nursing preferred.C.
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Basic computer skills
- Dysrrythmia Course certificate preferred.
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Blue Card within 90 Days of
hire or requirement notification.
Keywords: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital, Pico Rivera , Registered Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Pico Rivera, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!