Information Systems Security Engineer
Company: Western Dental Services Inc.
Location: Pico Rivera
Posted on: June 19, 2022
The Information Security Engineer will plan, implement, upgrade,
and monitor security protocols for the protection of the
organization's computer networks and information. The ideal
candidate will have a passion for information security, a positive
attitude, and a continuous desire to learn.
- Identify threats, vulnerabilities, risks, and control gaps
across the enterprise
- Configure, manage, and operate various security technologies
(SIEM, EDR, IDS/IPS, PAM, DLP, NGFW, WAF, GRC, M365, Azure, AWS,
- Recommend, design, and deploy new security solutions and
- Remediation of critical vulnerabilities
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to design
effective security controls
- Review security alerts and investigate potential threats
- Conduct investigations with a high degree of professionalism
- Conduct incident response for security events with cross
- Serve as a trusted advisor to peers and leadership
- Stay current on industry trends and emerging threats
- Develop and implement plans to safeguard digital data from
accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or
disclosure; adheres to emergency data processing needs.
- Review violations of security procedures; provides training to
ensure violations do not recur.
- Perform risk assessments, audits, and tests to ensure proper
functioning of data processing activities and security
- Safeguards system security and improves overall server and
network efficiency by training users and promoting security
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience in at least three (3) of the following
domains: Network security, Cloud security, Web application
security, Data security, Threat management, and Incident
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of risk management principles and
- Proficient, or able to gain proficiency with, a broad array of
security software applications and tools.
- Thorough understanding of computer-related security systems
including firewalls, encryption, and password protection and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of IT control frameworks (NIST CSF, ISO 27001, NIST
800-53, CIS v8, etc.)
- Industry certification(s) preferred (GSEC, Security+, CEH,
SSCP, CISA, CCSP, CISSP, etc.)by Jobble
Keywords: Western Dental Services Inc., Pico Rivera , Information Systems Security Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Pico Rivera, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!