Senior Space Systems Modeling & Simulation Engineer
Location: Pico Rivera
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS), Space & Launch has an
exciting opportunity for a-Senior Space Systems Architecture
Modeling & Simulation Engineer (Level 5) who will help develop and
analyze state-of-the-art satellite systems for national security
programs, commercial, civil, and other government programs. You
will be part of a highly-motivated team focused on analytical and
technical solutions for executing our latest satellite systems.
This is a 1st shift position.Position Responsibilities
- Defining and analyzing satellite systems and evaluating system
performance for various scenarios and vignettes.
- Developing end-to-end space system architecture analyses and
simulating operational tasking and resource utilization.
- Performing system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis
and requirement decomposition.
- Leading complex space based architecture trade studies.
- Leading system-level integration and validation.
- Initiating and leading analysis activities for space based
satellite systems, including: system utility, capacity, subsystem
modeling, and performance assessments.
- Developing analysis tools and 3D visualizations using MATLAB,
STK, and custom object-oriented software.
- Communicating (both written and verbal) clear and crisp
insights and observations based on complex analytical models and
technical data interpretation to senior-level leadership and
- Organizing and managing the parallel execution of multiple,
diverse, complex analysis tasks.This position requires an
active/current U.S. Security Clearance with a Single Scope
Background Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully
completed within the last 6 years. (A U.S. Security Clearance that
has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).Basic
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, or physics.
- 10-or more years of experience in engineering modeling and/or
analysis with computer programming of analytical models,
simulations, and/or data processing of space related systems
- 10-or more years of experience with MATLAB for data analysis
and/or modeling and simulation.Preferred (Preferred) Qualifications
- Proficiency in C++ is desirable, or recent experience with
other objected oriented programming languages.
- Knowledge of orbital mechanics and attitude control.
- Experience using STK (Satellite Tool Kit) for analysis and/or
- Proactive, self-starting, independent individual with strong
interpersonal, analytical, communication, and leadership
skills.Typical Education / ExperienceDegree and typical experience
in engineering classification: Bachelor's and-14 or more years'
experience, Master's degree with-12 or more years' experience or
PhD degree with-9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or
Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in
engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation
standard.Relocation:This position offers relocation based on
candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal
candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)Boeing-is a Drug Free
Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to
testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and
alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.-
Keywords: BOEING, Pico Rivera , Senior Space Systems Modeling & Simulation Engineer, Other , Pico Rivera, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!