Patient Services Advocate II
Company: AltaMed Health Services
Location: Pico Rivera
Posted on: April 25, 2021
AltaMed Health ServicesWe recruit, employ, train, compensate,
and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color,
national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status,
disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by
applicable federal, state or local law.Patient Services Advocate
IIUS-CA-Pico RiveraJob ID: 2021-11370Type: Regular Full-Time# of
Openings: 1Category: Customer ServicePico Rivera
ClinicOverviewFunctions as an AltaMed ambassador, is welcoming and
attentive to the needs of all patients and creates a positive front
office patient experience by managing expectations while
demonstrating compassion and respect. Also functions as a member of
the health care team by assisting in the delivery of
patient-focused care by demonstrating excellent communication and
problem solving skills. Responsibilities
- Responsible for greeting and verifying the purpose for the
patient's visit in order to determine patient priority.
- Responsible for inputting all information into AltaMed's
practice management system.
- Responsible for verifying eligibility as well as performing
- Responsible for monitoring patient wait times and proactively
communicating with patients regarding their status during the
- Responsible for scheduling appointments.
- Responsible for reviewing and preparing charts in advance of
- Responsible for telephone management and ensuring that all
calls are answered and resolved as expected.
- Responsible for communicating with the patient care team, which
can include but is not limited to the medical assistants, providers
and other team members to ensure that the patient experiences a
seamless transition between hand-offs and to ensure all patient
needs are met.
- Responsible for the collection of patient co-pays and payments,
as well as the daily reconciliation of their collections.
- Responsible for monitoring waiting rooms and ensures that
waiting areas are kept clean.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience required as a customer service
agent, greeter, or receptionist-type role; 1½ - 2 years
- CPR/First Aid certificate required.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish/Mandarin/Cantonese strongly
Keywords: AltaMed Health Services, Pico Rivera , Patient Services Advocate II, Other , Pico Rivera, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!