NOTE: This position can be filled at a different level based on
the final scope of job responsibilities and job requirements.
Lead and manage the planning, development, and implementation of
multiple regulator station automation projects within the Control
Center Modernization Field Asset Deployment department. Responsible
for assisting in the preparation of control site/real time
monitoring site engineering designs, specifications, standards,
studies, cost estimates, and the development of sound technical
recommendations. Support the coordination and development of
overall execution strategy, work scope, permitting, budget,
schedule, material procurement, construction, and resource
-May provide direction to a small group of direct reports
- Manage and coordinate all activities leading to the successful
completion of projects including project scoping, timelines, cost
estimates and design.
- Develop and maintain project parameters for project
- Provide direction to contractors, consultants, and project
- Coordinates input from and participation with various other
departments within the Company as needed to meet project
- Analyze and determine regulatory impacts and requirements of
- May build business cases and justifications.
- Responsible for providing team/project goals and evaluating
- Research and evaluate available contractors and
- Prepare, negotiate and approve or recommend approval of
- Negotiate contracts changes.
- Manage related workforce planning, budget analysis, and prepare
- Testify before and/or prepare supporting documentation for CPUC
and other government agencies concerning cost estimates.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of
Requires five years related experience (six years for PM II
level) or equivalent training and experience.
Requires a degree in Engineering, Business or related field, or
An MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
Project management knowledge required.
Must be able to assess the potential financial impact of a
project to the Company.
Must possess the ability to review complex problems and propose
Experience with managing personnel and efforts associated with
field technology deployments.
Experience with Transmission and Distribution operations and
related technologies and processes