Producer II, Games
Company: Parks, Experiences and Products
Location: Pico Rivera
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Job Summary:The Producer II is responsible for providing product
leadership, guidance, and support to external product partners for
games across mobile, console, and PC gaming platforms.
This person is directly responsible for owning product within TWDC
and managing the production process in support of the partners
vision, including external partner onboarding and management,
collaborating and coordinating ideation, project tracking, managing
all internal/external product communication and product
deliverables, overseeing milestone reviews, collaboration with
other business units, production/content approvals, & management of
live service support.
This production work entails providing clearly communicated
feedback on game proposals, project schedules, and content
roadmaps; coordinating feedback/approvals from internal game
designers and art directors, as well as franchise partners for
games based on upcoming and existing TWDC franchises.
The Producer II will primarily lead medium to large scale, complex
products and/or complex partners, in addition to having the ability
to produce more titles simultaneously.
The ideal candidate is a self-starting, team player, who can draw
upon a background as both a game maker and gamer, able to
articulate feedback and clearly communicate information to external
partners and internal stakeholders. This person can identify
opportunities and challenges in the production process and will
help the organization manage a portfolio of games based on TWDC
The ideal candidate has a strong sense of fandom and passion for
all of the Walt Disney Company brands with a focus on 20th Century
brands including: Alien, Predator, and Family Guy.
This role will occasionally require on-site support with external
development partners with domestic and international
- Driving assigned titles within TWDC and being the key day to
day contact for those projects. Responsible for establishing,
maintaining, and enhancing relationships with internal and external
cross functional groups to ensure maximum brand equity in TWDC IP
that deliver high quality/brand-enhancing products that meet
franchise, financial and schedule goals.
- Analyze and track product development schedules, perform
milestone reviews, track all submissions, and submit weekly written
progress reports on each assigned title.
- Review and analyze feedback generated by junior production
staff and the senior team, including periodic self-review of
gameplay builds, on all partner submissions covering all aspects of
the product, including art direction, gameplay and franchise
feedback and approval. Responsible for obtaining consensus across
- Lead presentations and product demos as necessary to peers,
management, and other stakeholders.
- The Producer II works closely with the senior members of the
Production team to collaborate with partners on new interactive
product concepts, including concept design and game identity.
- When available, use data and analytics to drive decision making
and ensure that decisions are made in a timely fashion.Brand &
- Provide brand guidance to external partner teams balancing the
needs of the game and the authenticity of the TWDC Franchise's
characters and worlds.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure
maximum brand equity in TWDC IP that deliver innovative, high
quality/brand-enhancing products across art, sound, story and game
- Provide strong leadership, inspire and motivate the team
through personal example and enthusiasm.
- From time to time, may manage junior level production staff
depending on project size and makeup.Basic Qualifications:
- 5 + years of experience specifically in product
development/production of Console/Mobile/PC games or other
- Has shipped mobile, console, and/or PC games with live
- A practical understanding of all phases of development:
concept, pre-production, production and
post-production/live-service with a creative eye able to
communicate game ideas and improvements to our partners.
- Partners closely with Producer III/Sr. Producer in managing
relationships with external partners, identifying and solving day
to day product issues.
- Ability to make confident, intelligent and difficult decisions
that reflects a solid understanding of the business goals and
- Previous experience interfacing with partners/developers,
understanding team structures and roles, production pipelines, and
common challenges in producing high-quality interactive
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects at
different stages of development.
- Strong negotiation, change management, and conflict resolution
- Able to identify/assess risks and strategies to mitigate and
escalate as necessary.
- Strong sense of ownership, flexibility, and urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in project management tools such as JIRA.
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum, Kanban, and other production
- Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint / Keynote.
- Passion for the latest games and game platforms (Mobile,
Console, PC, as well as AR/VR).
- Demonstrate affinity and familiarity with TWDC Franchises
especially 20th Century brands (Alien, Predator, Family Guy,
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on building
productive relationships with external partners, managers and
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience.Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers
a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes
health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special
extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits
and perks at .
Keywords: Parks, Experiences and Products, Pico Rivera , Producer II, Games, Other , Pico Rivera, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!