Location: Pico Rivera
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Join SoCalGas today and share in our mission to build the
cleanest, safest, and most innovative energy company in
- NOTE: This position can be filled at a Level 1 or Level 2
Instructional Desginer based on the final scope of job
responsibilities and job requirements.Position Summary / Primary
Analyze business needs and design, develop, implement, and evaluate
world-class learning/ education solutions for the training
organizations within the Sempra Energy Utilities as well as other
organizations /departments within the integrated utilities. Work
with business unit clients, subject matter experts, and designers
to establish project goals, develop project plans, monitor progress
towards plans, and evaluate results.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and implement instructional systems and
processes including learning objectives, content outlines, training
curricula, training job aids, simulations, role-plays, leader
(instructor) materials, student materials, workbooks, evaluations
and multi-media training material.
- Analyze business needs, identify training and performance
support needs, and recommend training and non-training solutions as
appropriate. Present and make recommendations regarding course
design, technology, and instruction delivery options.
- Partner with subject matter experts, interview focus groups,
and conduct other research to develop instructional content.
- Define instructional, learning, or performance objectives.
Assess the most effective instructional method(s) to achieve
objectives. May recommend instructional methods, such as individual
or group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations, and
simulation exercises, appropriate for content and learner
- Revise and update training materials in response to changes in
policy and procedures, and/or based on results of needs analysis.
Edit instructional materials, such as books, simulation exercises,
lesson plans, instructor guides, student materials, and tests.
- Identify environmental and cultural factors that influence
learning, attitudes, and job performance. Adapt instructional
content or delivery methods for different levels or types of
- Identify all stakeholders involved and maintain client contact
for instructional design project lifecycle.
- Develop and manage project plans for Instructional Design
projects including information such as project objectives, scope,
schedule, and deliverables.
- Observe and provide feedback on instructional techniques,
presentation methods, or training materials.
- Research and evaluate emerging instructional technologies or
- Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of
duties).Education, Experience, Licenses & Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Technology, Educational
Psychology, Adult Education, Communication, or closely related
field is required. Equivalent training and experience may be
substituted for degree.
- Master's Degree in Instructional Technology, Educational
Psychology, Adult Education, Communication, or a closely related
field is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of Instructional design experience, including
design in virtual and eLearning training is required.
- At least 2 years of corporate work experience is
preferred.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training
design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and
the measurement of training effects.
- Expertise of eLearning authoring tools and other software for
Instructional Design work (e.g. Articulate, Captivate, Adobe
Creative Suite, etc.)
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will
understand. Strong communication skills are required for
writing/editing training materials that are clear, concise, and
- High degree of interpersonal communications for negotiation,
consulting, interviews, and presentations.
- Project planning and management skills essential for balancing
several instructional design projects simultaneously.
- Creative and conceptual skills required to understand a myriad
of ideas and problems and to create multiple solutions using
theories and concepts.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Current on emerging training and transfer of training
methodologies with the ability to apply these developments in
instructional design and related fields.
- Ability to develop skills needed for specialized equipment and
leading-edge training tools and technologies.
- Self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Must be
able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination
techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform
and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.Benefits We
SoCalGas offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits program to help
support employees both personally and professionally. These
benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision packages
- 401K company match
- Pension Plan
- Tuition / education reimbursement
- We also offer tools and resources through SoCalGas University,
our career development center.Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: SoCalGas, Pico Rivera , Instructional Designer, Other , Pico Rivera, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!