Principal Show Electronic Engineer
Company: Walt Disney Imagineering
Location: Pico Rivera
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Perform Electronic Engineering activities related to attractions
with electric motor controlled animated figures, animated props and
show action equipment. - Provide expertise in motion control
systems, motor selection, motor drive design and selection and
motor tuning using standard PID and advanced motion control
techniques. - Provide technical oversight to the project team
members performing electronic engineering tasks: - blue sky system
definition, mock ups, theory of operation, circuit design, assembly
design, system integration, facility sizing and supporting
infrastructure, production, installation, and test and adjust. -
Enforce systems engineering process, discipline, and standards as
well as ensuring a quality final product. - Take responsibility for
budget, schedule, and quality of attraction related deliverables.
- Makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as
authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering
activities as related to motion control systems hardware and
software, specification, design, implementation, tuning and
- Reviews mechanical designs for control analysis, cabling paths,
motor homing, electrical maintainability, and safety design.
- Develops and maintains animated figure, animated prop, and show
action equipment cabling designs, motor control architecture
documentation, and a plan for animation tuning and
- Specifically tests and tunes individual motors for performance
and creative intent while maintaining tuning parameters and any
pertinent details to be documented for attraction turnover.
- Frequently reviews industry standards and tracks development
for recommendation of motors, motor drives, connectors, cables,
sensors, and encoders.
- Works with the software motion control team for control tool
issues, changes, and features.
- Initiates and maintains extensive contact with key engineers
and officials of other organizations and companies, requiring skill
in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
- Develop specifications and test plans.
- Review and authorize for release detailed top level, layout and
design drawings of electronic subsystems.
- Identify and collect vendor electronic equipment
- Resolve design conflicts and revise electronic element
requirements, as required.
- Develop risk analysis and inform management, as required.
- Finalize detailed interface requirements between controls and
ride mechanical and audio elements.
- Provide electronic Contractor support and verification of first
article assembly and bench testing, as required.
- Ensure Show System deliverables are met.
- Support Show System operator and maintenance training. Basic
- Motor Technology
- PID Control Loop design, implementation and tuning
- Advanced Motion Control techniques (feed forward, gain
- Advanced motor application (servo, VFD, stepper, vector drive,
- Specification and application of position feedback
(incremental, absolute, optical, magnetic)
- Understanding of electronic principles
- Understanding of general Physics and Mathematics
- Understanding of mechanical and software systems
- Knowledge of computer, power, and communications theory
- Schematic and assembly drawing reading
- Estimating Methods / Experience
- Elmo EASII / Maxon EPOS / Mitsubishi FR Configurator 2 / Copley
CME Preferred Qualifications :
- Engineering professional experience totaling fifteen or more
years, including responsibility for motor and drive specification,
motor control design and architecture, industrial automation or
- Strong hardware knowledge and hands-on field installation
- Must have a high tolerance for change and changing
- Knowledge of human factors and ability to design to accommodate
- Must be willing to travel, sometimes for extended stays. - 6 to
12 months of relocation may be required on some projects.
- Ability to present technical concepts in manner understandable
by non-technical people
- PLC programming Required Education :
- BS Electronic Engineering #DPEP_MEDIA Disney offers a rewards
package to help you live your best life. This includes health and
savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that
only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at
Keywords: Walt Disney Imagineering, Pico Rivera , Principal Show Electronic Engineer, Other , Pico Rivera, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!