Commercial Furniture Designer
Company: Unisource Solutions
Location: Pico Rivera
Posted on: November 23, 2022
As a designer in the commercial furniture industry, you will design
and create furniture plans, 3D renderings, and specifications for
- Responsible only for medium projects.
- Review assigned DSR requests with design director & client
contact personnel (AM / PM) and acquire any details not clear or
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Project Matrix. Produce accurate
drawings of AutoCAD, space planning, conceptual drawings,
renderings, and product application. Put together budgetary pricing
as well as order ready specs. Will work with Senior Designer to
double-check one's own work.
- Generate accurate specifications for approved plan by having
complete knowledge of specification including fabric/finishes based
on finish schedule provided by Account Manager.
- Plot installation drawings for upcoming jobs, notifying
Account/Project Manager and asking for any additional information
not previously given. Submit installation drawings one week prior
- Create accurate as built drawings per site visit. Maintain and
update as built drawings from markups recieved back from
Account/Project Manager. Notify Account/Project Manager via email
or in-person of complete/dated as-built drawings.
- Manage project folder with current up to date files, archiving
old ones. Follow standard labeling process.
- Create J-box/Data ACAD plans in reference to systems
- Provide alternative design solutions to client.
- Must be capable of self-checks & double checks before
submitting for quick review check by Senior Designer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Design or related field
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience in Design or related
- Good knowledge of Haworth products.
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Good knowledge of Canvas.
- Good knowledge of ProjectSpec (sif).
- Good knowledge of ProjectSymbols (cad).
- Good knowledge of office furniture industry.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal communication
- Outstanding time management skills and proven ability to work
well under deadline pressure.
- Detail oriented and self-sufficient.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including
those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City
of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Keywords: Unisource Solutions, Pico Rivera , Commercial Furniture Designer, Other , Pico Rivera, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!