Outreach & Enrollment Representative
Company: Family Health Care Centers of Greater Los Angeles,
Location: Pico Rivera
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Overview:POSITION TITLE: Outreach & Enrollment Representative
DEPARTMENT: Outreach REPORTS TO: Operations Manager POSITION
OVERVIEW: The Outreach & Enrollment Representative shall be
responsible to approach prospective patients in a linguistically
and culturally sensitive manner to achieve FHCCGLAs
new/unduplicated patient goals through engagement, education and
promotion of our
- Shall contact members of the target community (one-on-one,
door-to-door, group sessions, etc.) and offer all FHCCGLA services,
- Clinic services (primary care, behavioral health, dental,
optometry coming soon, family planning, immunizations, OB/Gyn,
- Breast health care (mammograms)
- Reproductive health care
- Application assistance for My Health LA, Covered California,
Medi-Cal, & Medicare 2. Will be responsible to meet set goals with
- Appointments scheduled for unduplicated (New) patients
- Referring patients to clinic sites that are open to new
- Outreaching various target populations: i. Teens ii. Family
PACT eligible clients of contraceptive age (family planning, Women
age 12-55, Men up to age 60)
- Pediatric patients
- Prenatal patients
- Etc.3. Creates and distributes flyers and other materials to
the target population and throughout the targeted community.4.
Participate in scheduled activities:
- Community events (health fairs, toy give-a-ways, etc.)
- Table/booth set-up (at grocery stores, immigration offices, car
- Immunization activities (such as flu clinics, etc.) 5. Contact
patients via phone calls, postcards, or letters for:
- Medi-Cal re-determination
- Initial Health Assessments (IHAs)
- Clinical Care Measures
- Managed care patients to return for a clinic visit
- Patient retention efforts (surveys)6. Assist with the
distribution and collection of the following:
- Patient Satisfaction Survey (annually)
- Community Needs Assessment (every 5 years)7. Will track and
follow-up on all outreach referrals and contacts made by the
outreach team. Referral follow-up consists of:
- Drop-off and pick-up of referral pads to local
- Calling perspective patients to remind them of their
- Calling no-shows and re-scheduling appointments as
- Documentation of all follow-up contact efforts8. Assists in
securing relationships with various community based
organizations.9. Identifies, initiates and implements measures to
deliver high quality care to patients and improve services.10.
Responds efficiently and timely to all patient and provider staff
needs and inquiries.11. Ensures excellent customer service to all
FHCCGLA patients.12. Works with the operations managers to manage
patient scheduling and flow to address bottlenecks, scheduling
issues, etc. 13. Handles patient grievances according to FHCCGLAs
Policy & Procedure.14. Assists in developing, updates & reviews of
FHCCGLA Policies & Procedures (P&Ps) as needed (with input from
all other key personnel).15. Ensures HIPAA compliance by
maintaining strict confidentiality of all patient data and
E.H.R./Practice Management System (PMS) according to regulations
and FHCCGLAs P&Ps.16. Attends the following meetings/trainings:
- Mandatory Quarterly Staff Meeting/Trainings- Quarterly (Jan.,
Apr., Jul. & Oct.)
- Corporate Risk Management Meeting- Quarterly (Jan., Apr., Jul.
& Oct.), as needed (advanced notice will be provided when
- Clinical & Operations (C&O) Meeting- As needed (advanced
notice will be provided when feasible)
- Meetings with FHCCGLAs Executive Leadership, as needed
(advanced notice will be provided when feasible)17. Other pertinent
meetings- As scheduled18. Remains informed of:
- Current legal and regulatory changes related to scope of
- Specific programs/payors, insurances accepted, and services
being offered at FHCCGLA.
- All applicable Policies & Procedures19. All other duties as
- High school diploma required (or GED equivalent).
- Requires exceptional organizational skills.
- Computer literate, must (Word, Excel, & Power Point)
- FQHC experience, highly preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Motivation to take initiative to ensure all tasks performed are
completed thoroughly and accurately.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of administrative principles and procedures.
- Computer knowledge preferred (e.g., NextGen (E.H.R. & PMS),
Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Ability to speak publicly, must.
- Bilingual English/Spanish and familiarity with the Hispanic
- Access to automobile with valid California drivers license and
state mandated automobile insurance.
- Work schedule may include evenings, overtime, and weekends as
- Ability to prioritize workload and work under pressure of
- Ability to meet tight time sensitive deadlines.
- Motivated and committed to the provision of high-quality
healthcare for indigent and underserved communities.
- Willingness to adapt to changes with regards to the agencys
growth and expansion.
- Ability to speak Spanish, preferred.
- Ability to function self-sufficiently, requiring little
- Commitment to the mission & vision of Family Health Care
Centers of Greater Los Angeles, Inc.ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY
- To educate the target community, shall prepare and create
educational Power Point presentations and health education
- Shall use visual aids and other tools in efforts to inform the
- Will retain sign-in sheets and evaluation forms as
- Shall schedule and conduct presentations at community
organizations, school settings, work sites, and social service
agencies. Topics shall include:
- Clinic Services
- Payors/Programs Available:i. Family PACT ii. VFC Program
(immunizations, importance of vaccinating early, etc.)
- Family PACT (LARC & birth control method available)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections:i. STD types & available
treatmentii. Chlamydia (testing & treatment options)iii.
Application Assistance services
- Other Health Related Topics (such as chronic diseases-
Diabetes, etc.) OTHER DUTIES:
- Will assist in the preparation of various reports related to
outreach activities and grant activities.
- Attends continuing education conferences, workshops, and
in-services as scheduled or required by immediate supervisor in
order to maintain up to date knowledge and awareness regarding
- Will maintain a calendar and record on agency log forms all
scheduled outreach activities, contacts, presentations, & education
provided as related to job assignments to ensure that set goals are
- Shall maintain files, reports, activity logs, and documents in
an orderly manner for immediate retrieval and reference.
- Shall submit orders to purchase incentives, visual aids, or
supplies as budget allows through agency funds and or grants.
- Ability to work well with others in a professional and
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, friendly personality and
able to motivate staff by promoting teamwork.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religion
and economic status.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Problem analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of the following (but not limited to), preferred:
- My Health LA
- Family PACT
- Managed Care Plans
- Every Woman Counts 15. Shall also provide translation services
Keywords: Family Health Care Centers of Greater Los Angeles,, Pico Rivera , Outreach & Enrollment Representative, Other , Pico Rivera, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...