Company: Iron Mountain
Location: Pico Rivera
Posted on: March 22, 2020
At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from
the everyday to the extraordinary, while helping them bridge the
physical and digital world. Our people have the opportunity to
bring their creativity to a workplace that thrives on change. Here,
you will be part of a team that doesn't just embrace what's
exceptional. It creates exceptional.
Basic Function of the Job:
Assist Transportation Manager/Supervisor by coordinating the daily
workflow- overseeing pick up schedules, creating and manifesting
courier runs and facilitating strong communication between all
facilities in the Los Angeles market of the transportation
Scope of Job:
* Responsible for overseeing and scheduling the day to day
activities of transportation employees (couriers, truck drivers,
truck helpers and expediter).
* Frequent communication with Transportation Manager, as well as
all shred facilities regarding status and logistics of
deliveries/pick ups to ensure quality service is provided to our
* Resolve inquiries from customers regarding pick ups and
* Assist Transportation Manager or Supervsior in the supervision of
transportation personnel, helping to ensure all deliveries/pick ups
are done efficiently, specific customer requests or concerns are
communicated to all transportation employees, full uniforms are
worn daily, etc.
* Create manifests for all facilities in the SoCal Area.
* Coordinate pick ups/deliveries within assigned area to ensure all
facilities are running efficiently.
* Main contact for couriers and truck drivers when issues arise
during a pick up or delivery.
* Communicate with customer service, account managers, operations
manager and sales representative regarding problem pick ups and
deliveries, special projects, customer locations, special requests
(due to site logistics), etc.
* Direct contact with customers regarding transportation issues,
such as late deliveries, changing pick up times or questions
pertaining to pick up logistics.
* Ensure that all incoming material is properly "tagged" and, if
not, have appropriate driver do so.
* Track and order all unmade cartons for next day's expediting.
* Keep loading dock in good order, making sure that material is
moved to proper facility.
* Prepare and track UPS orders.
* Make sure material is transferred properly for on-site customer
* Assist Transportation Manager or Supervisor with scheduling
routine vehicle maintenance.
* Special Projects as assigned.
Supervision Exercised (Direct and Indirect):
Indirect: Couriers, CDL Drivers and Courier Assistants
Supervision Received (Direct and Indirect):
Direct: Transportation Supervisor/Manager
Indirect: Operations Manager, General Manager
Responsibility and Authority:
* Directly responsible for coordinating daily pick ups and
deliveries from each of the shred facilities within the area.
* Authority to make necessary decisions to ensure deliveries and
pick ups are completed on time.
Category: Transportation Group
Iron Mountain Incorporated, founded in 1951, is the global leader
for storage and information management services. Trusted by more
than 225,000 organizations around the world in approximately 50
countries, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued
assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive
data, and cultural and historical artifacts.
Providing solutions that include information management, digital
transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, as well as data
centers, cloud services, and art storage and logistics, Iron
Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with
regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of
Our Cores Value at https://www.ironmountain.com/about-us/values s
at https://www.ironmountain.com/about-us/values and Code of Ethics
are our north star. They provide a solid base for how we do
business and behave every day, so each one of us can experience
If you have a physical or mental disability that requires special
accommodations, please let us know by sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org . See the Supplement to learn
more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
Keywords: Iron Mountain, Pico Rivera , Transportation Coordinator, Professions , Pico Rivera, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!